i8tonite was created to do several things:
- To highlight chefs who are making a difference in their neighborhoods with good quality food in amazing restaurants.
- To create a showcase where people in the food industry — not in front of the stove — are making a difference.
- To promote home-cooking. Lets face it. We all cook at home. I’m more interested in what and where you are eating than talking about anything else, other than books. Books are important.
- To be slightly irreverent about the food industry. Food is a serious subject. We have to laugh at it sometimes.
- Find food products that you may not be aware of trying.
- And to cook even if you are a single person. Learning to cook for yourself is just as important as doing it for someone . It’s giving back to yourself — even if you just throw some chopped parsley on the hard-boiled egg to make it pretty.
Co-Publisher/Editor/Founder: Brian Garrido.
I wanted to do something different in the food media that I haven’t seen. After being in public relations and marketing for over 20 years focusing on food, wine and hotels, I feel that the marketing of eating is changing — or maybe I changed. I wanted something where I could control the content and read and view stories I wasn’t seeing. I know from my experience that if I feel it than someone else is feeling it too. You can contact me at brian – at – i8tonite.com.